JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria
JEE Main which is Joint Entrance Examination is a two tier exam regulated by the Central Board Of Education for all applied candidates all over India. It is also the qualifying exam for JEE Advanced exam. The JEE Main 2017 eligibility criteria is available for all candidates to check and verify before applying for the examination. Below is the criteria which has to be checked by all candidates to apply for JEE Main exam
- The age limit of all the candidates should fall on or after October 1,1992 and those with PCM are eligible to apply for the exam. The age limit also varies according to the candidate’s category. If the candidates belong to reserved category like SC,ST,Pwd, then the age limit should fall on or after 1st October 1987.
- Candidates who appear or have passed 12th exam or equivalent exam in 2015 or 2016 with PCM can also apply for the exam.
- For admissions into NIT’s, IIT’s,IIIT’s and CFTI’s, candidates must have secured atleast 75% in their class 12 board exams.
- The candidates who have passed their 12th or equivalent exam in 2014 are not eligible to apply for the exam.
- The number of subjects in 12th attended by the applicants are also taken into account. The candidates should have minimum five subjects in their 12th or qualifying exam which is very important. The percentile system and the total marks obtained in all five subjects is taken into account for JEE Main and JEE Advanced exams.
- The number of attempts for JEE Main for all candidates is only thrice and the candidates cannot attempt for a fourth time to attend the exam.
- The diploma holders are also eligible to apply for the exam.
All these JEE Main 2017 eligibility criteria has to be met by all applied candidates who are interested in attending the JEE Main exam. The eligibility criteria will be available in the official website of the conducting university and also on the reference websites which support the university. The JEE Main 2017 eligibility criteria is the most important step that has to be taken by all candidates as it needs proper checking and verification before applying for the exam. All the information starting from criteria till counseling process is available online which are tentative and change every year and the same can be checked by the candidates who apply for the exam. Any violation in the personal or educational qualification can lead to serious consequence and hence correct details should be checked by the candidates which is important when checking the eligibility criteria.
Related Articles: JEE Main 2017 Notification
Check here Complete Details About: JEE 2017