VTUEEE 2017 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
This article covers the eligible criteria pertaining to the engineering entrance exams. Aspirants seeking admissions in Vel Tech University can check whether they meet the requisite eligibility criteria on this page. They must have a clarity of VTUEEE 2017 eligibility criteria determined by the university in order to avoid any confusions.
VTUEEE 2017 is all about entrance examination. Engineering Colleges/Universities usually conducts the entrance exams at the beginning of the academic year to identify the deserving candidates for giving admissions and scholarship to the various courses offered by such Colleges/Universities. The Vel Tech University is an esteemed institution which has been providing the high standard of education since its inception.
The Vel Tech University Engineering Entrance Exam (VTUEEE) is a national level eligibility test for providing a scholarship to the poor and deserving candidates who are not able to afford to technical higher education. Technical education is most prominent for the growth and development of the country. Realising that even after 69 years of independence, higher education is not accessible to the deserving poor, Industrialist-turned Philanthropist, Educationalist couple Prof. Dr R.Rangarajan, and Dr Mrs Sakunthala Rangarajan, introduced SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME in the year 2009. The candidates who are qualifying the VTUEEE 2017 will be offered VEL TECH MAHATMA GANDHI NATIONAL MERIT SCHOLARSHIP. More than 2420 candidates have so far been benefited by this scholarship program.
Must Read: VTUEEE 2017 Registration Process
Since the examination is conducted with the noble purpose the university is very clear on choosing the deserving candidates. The main object of the process is to make the higher education accessible to the meritorious candidates irrespective of the background. The various eligibility criteria which are been enumerated by the university. Every aspirant must fulfil the eligibility criteria of VTUEEE 2017 for taking admissions in various degrees offered. is as follows:
- Candidates must have passed Class XII boards conducted by any state board or CBSE or CISCE or must have appeared in intermediate or two-year pre-university examination conducted by a recognised board/ university or equivalent.
- Candidates appearing class XII or equivalent examination in the year 2017 can appear for VTUEEE 2017.
- Candidate can be both Indian Resident and Non-Indian Resident.
- There is no priority given based on the domicile of the candidate.
- Candidates aged 17 years and above as on 31st December 2017 but not more than 25 years as on 31st July 2017 can apply to all engineering courses.
- The candidates in general category should have secured a minimum of 45% marks and those in reserved categories should have secured a minimum of 40% in 12th Examination.
- Candidates must have passed their qualifying examination with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry (PCM) as compulsory subjects. The candidates who have opted any other subjects other than PCM are not eligible to appear for the eligibility test. The aspirant’s mark obtained in these main subjects are also considered for merit grounds.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 30% in English. Since English is the language of curriculum, the candidates are expected to have a minimum level of knowledge in English which includes reading, writing and speaking in English.
The basic cut-off percentage for the scholarship are enumerated below. The aspirant’s percentage of scoring will determine the waiver in the tuition fees.
|Percentage of Marks||Tuition fees waiver|
|Above 95%||75% of tuition fees|
|Above 90%||50% of tuition fees|
|Above 80%||25% of tuition fees|
|Above 70%||10% of tuition fees|