BHU or Banaras Hindu University is one of the best university in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh for many UG & PG courses. Previously, BHU was also known as CHC (Central Hindi College). The University was established in 1916. BHU conducts an entrance exam for UG, PG and Doctoral courses every year. The University has started admissions for all courses of UG, PG & Doctoral.
For further information about application form, eligibility criteria, courses offered, entrance exam read the below- given details.
Application form commencement: – 30th January 2020
Last date of registration: – 12th March 2020
Date of examination: – 16th to 31st August 2020
Result of exam: – September 2020
- UG courses like B.A., BSc, LL.B, B.P.Ed, BPA, BBA, B.Com, ETC. are available in BHU.
- PG courses like M.A., MSc, LL.M., MPA, M.Com, ETC are available in BHU.
- Many diploma courses are also by the university n various field.
BHU APPLICATION FORM 2020:
- The application form for UG & PG candidates was released on 30th January 2020 on the official website by the University.
- The application form will be available online at the official website of BHU.
- Candidates are required to fill all the information very carefully and correctly.
- Candidates have to fill their personal information, 10+2 level qualification, valid Id, ETC.
- The fees of application form is Rs.300 for SC/ST/PH and Rs.600 for other categories
- For UG courses, candidates should have a 10+2 level qualification from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks. Candidates have to appear for UET exam also.
- For PG courses, candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree from a UGC recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks. Candidates have to appear for PET also.
- For doctoral courses, candidates should have a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from a UGC recognized university with a minimum of 60%. Candidates have to appear for RET entrance exam also.
BHU SYLLABUS 2020:
For UET: – Mainly the syllabus depends upon the course taken in 10+2 level. Candidates should study their 12th standard syllabus very efficiently.
For PET: – The syllabus for post-graduate candidates depends upon the stream taken in their graduation level.
BHU EXAM PATTERN 2020:
For UET: – This exam is conducted for UG candidates only.
- The exam will take place in the CBT (Computer Based Test) mode.
- The question will have 150 questions of 450 marks in English and Hindi language for which 2 hours will be given to all the candidates.
- There will be +3 marks for the correct answer and -1 for the incorrect answer.
For PET: This exam is conducted for PG candidates only.
- The question paper will have 120 questions of 360 marks for which 2 hours will be given to the all candidates.
- The exam for all courses will take place in online mode.
After the examination, the result is announced by the University in August/September 2020 on the official website. An email is also sent to the candidates for informing about the result and the merit list. Candidates should fill their application no. and password correctly to see the result.
According to this merit list, cut off is released and eligible candidates are called for the counselling session for their final admission in the University.
BHU CUT OFF 2020:
- After the declaration of the result, the first cut off list is prepared by the university according to the maximum marks obtained by the student. All the candidates with required cut off will be called for the counselling session.
- General and OBC category candidates have to score at least 35% of the marks obtained by the rank 1st
- SC and ST category candidates have to score at least 25% of the marks as obtained by the rank 1st
COUNSELLING SESSION 2020:
After the announcement of merit list and cut off, only eligible candidates will be called for the counselling session. Candidates are required to carry a print out of the counselling invitation email and all the important documents, valid Id proof, passport size photo.
After the verification of all documents, candidates are allotted seats in their respective course.
Stay tuned with MY ENTRANCE EXAM for more information Banaras Hindu University.