DU DSE MA Economics admissions have begun till July 31st. Delhi School of Economics has started their admission portal for PG candidates who have cleared their BA with required marks. Candidates can take admission by two methods i.e. through mode and through merit list. The Delhi School of Economics was established in 1949 and affiliated by Delhi University.
DSE provides PG course for those candidates who want to pursue a Master of Arts in Economics which is a 2-year course. Candidates check the result and merit list on the official website.
For more information about application form, eligibility criteria, courses offered read the below-given article.
DU DSE MA Economics 2020 Important Dates
Application form commencement for UG: Started
Application commencement for PG: started
Last date of registration: 31st July 2020
Classes commencement: to be notified
DU DSE MA Economics Course
This course has four semesters in 2 years which includes the following topics:
- Semester 1st will includes topic like Macroeconomics theory, Introductory Mathematical Economics.
- Semester 2nd will include topics like Market, institutions, economic growth, economic India, and Policy in India.
- Semester 3rd and 4th will include four optional papers.
DU DSE MA Economics 2020 Eligibility Criteria
⦁ Candidates should check their eligibility criteria before applying for the application form.
⦁ Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in Arts from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% if they want direct admission through merit list.
⦁ Candidates have to appear for an entrance exam if they don’t have enough score in BA degree and secure required marks according to the category such as 60% for general category, 46% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST category.
- Candidates who belong to a foreign country have to submit their GRE score and 2 letters for their recommendation.
- Candidates should have scored the required marks in the GRE test.
⦁ After the conduction of the entrance exam, the merit list will be announced through which only eligible candidates will get admission in MA Economics.
DU DSE MA Economics 2020 Application Form
⦁ The application form is available online on the official website of the University.
⦁ Candidates are required to fill all the information very carefully and correctly.
⦁ Candidates have to fill their personal information, 10+2 level qualification, valid Id, ETC.
⦁ The application form costs Rs.300 for SC/ST and Rs.750 for General, OBC and other categories.
⦁ Candidates can deposit their application fees through a debit/credit or other payment methods.
⦁ After all the formalities of registration, candidates will have their Id and password through which they can check their result and all important information regarding their admissions.
⦁ Candidates should take a print out of their application form for further use.
Candidates have to fill their admission form and attach some personal documents. Some documents which are necessary to carry are:
- 12th and 10th mark sheet
- Bachelor’s degree
- Scorecard of entrance exam
- Character certificate
- Migration certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size photo
DU DSE MA Economics Registration Protocol
For registration of the application form, candidates can check the below-given steps:
- Firstly candidates have to register themselves by visiting the official website.
- After visiting the official website, candidates will be able to see the home page of the University.’
- On the home page, candidates will find an option for ‘New User’.
- Candidates have to click on the option and they will come on the new page.
- Now candidates have to fill all the details on the registration form.
- Candidates will now get their login credentials through the email which they have given in the registration form.
- Now, for filling the application form candidates have to visit the official page again and click on the option ‘Login’.
- The application form will be visible on the new page, which candidates have to fill by downloading a few documents like 10th mark sheet, 12th mark sheet, ETC. and upload a passport size photo along with aadhar card no. or other valid Id.
- After the completion of the application form, candidates have to deposit the application fees and take a printout of it for further use.
DU DSE MA Economics Exam Pattern
⦁ The question paper consists of Multiple Choice Type Questions.
⦁ The exam will be held in offline mode.
⦁ The marking scheme consists of both negative and positive marking in the question paper.
⦁ The question paper consists of questions from Micro and Macroeconomics theory, economist’s mathematical techniques, probability, statistics, ETC.
Candidates should follow the following preparation tips for the good preparation of the entrance exam of DU DSE.
- Candidates should cover and read all the topics of the exam. One should not left any topic as the question can from any topic of the syllabus.
- Candidates should prepare a proper time schedule by giving equal time to every subject and some extra time to the weak subjects.
- One should solve all the previous year sample papers as they give us the idea of the pattern of the exam. Candidates can get previous year question paper from the official website of the University.
DU DSE MA Economics Qualifying Marks
The minimum required marks to qualify in the exam varies according to the category of the candidates.
The candidates who belong to the general category have to score a minimum of 40%, 36% for OBC and 20% for SC/ST category candidates.
DU DSE MA Economics Entrance Exam Result
⦁ After the examination, the result is announced on the official website for which candidates should regularly check the official website.
⦁ An email is sent to the candidates for informing about the result and the merit list.
⦁ Candidates should fill their application no. and password correctly to see the result.
⦁ Candidates with eligible marks will be selected for the merit list.
DU DSE MA Economics Merit List
⦁ The merit list will be released by the university on the official website of the university through the online mode.
⦁ Candidates with required marks will be shortlisted for the admission according to the marks obtained by them.
⦁ Candidates should have all the real documents for the verification process such as Bachelor’s degree, caste certificate, migration certificate, transfer certificate, Character certificate, passport size photo.
DU DSE MA Economics Fees Structure
Candidates applying for the MA course have to pay the fee in the university which has the following fee structure:
DU DSE MA Economics Facilities
There are various facilities for the students in the University such as:
- Sports complex
- Medical Room
- Computer labs
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION DU DSE MA ECONOMICS ADMISSION
Q-1 What is the qualification eligibility criteria for the admission?
Ans: Candidates should have a BA from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% marks.
Q-2 How can I check my result online?
Ans: Candidates have to visit the official website regularly and enter their login credentials to check the result.
Q-3 What is the application fee for SC category?
Ans: The application form costs Rs.300 for SC category candidates.
Stay updated on MY ENTRANCE EXAM for more updates on DU DSE MA Economics Admissions.