GITAM GAT Notification 2020– GITAM GAT is conducted by GITAM for B.Tech.Duration of Examination is 2.5 Hours. The examination will be conducted in three phases-1st phase-26th to 30th April, 2020,2nd phase-02nd to 06th May, 2020,3rd phase-20th to 23rd May 2020. Candidates can check the syllabus here. Candidates can apply online on the official website of the Institute. Check the application procedure here.
GITAM GAT IMPORTANT DATES:
Commencement of Online Application: 30 March 2020
Last Date of Application: Closed
Date of Examination: April 26-30, 2020, May 2-6, 2020, May 20-23, 2020
Results 2020: 25 May, 2020
GITAM GAT APPLICATION FORM
- Visit the website to fill the application form online.
- The process involves registering to the University by providing necessary details.
- Candidate should make sure they are providing a valid phone number and email address so they can easily be verified.
- The details to be filled during application form are Name, Email, Last attended Institute, preferred courses, 10th Marks, 12th Roll no. etc.
- The documents to be uploaded during filling application form: a) Recent passport-sized color photograph
(b) Signature of the Candidate
(c) Class 10 Mark Statement or Equivalent
- Once the documents are uploaded, the candidate needs to submit the application fees of Rs. 1000 through credit card/debit card or net banking.
- Click on the submit button, and email/SMS will be received on the registered address/mobile number confirming the application submission.
- Save the confirmation page for future references.
GITAM GAT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- 10+2 Examinations or equivalent from any recognized Board or Council with at least 60% aggregate.
- Candidate must have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in class 12.
- Candidates who have appeared for Class 12 in 2020 and 2019 only will be eligible.
GITAM GAT Exam Pattern:
The exam is conducted in computer-based mode and The exam consists of three sections i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
GAT is conducted by GITAM for B.Tech.Duration of Examination is 2.5 Hours and candidates must carry the Hall Ticket to the examination center. Candidates can check the syllabus here
GITAM GAT SYLLABUS
- Frame of reference
- Motion in a straight line: Position-time graph, speed, and velocity. Uniform and
non-uniform motion, average speed, and instantaneous velocity
- Uniformly accelerated motion
- V-T graphs
- Relations for uniformly accelerated motion.
- concepts of differentiation and integration
- Scalar and vector
- Position and displacement vectors
- Unit vectors.
- Resolution of a vector
- Scalar and Vector products of Vectors. Motion in a plane.
acceleration – projectile motion. Uniform circular motion.
- Intuitive concept of force.
- Newton’s laws of motion.
- Newton’s third law of motion.
- Law of conservation of linear momentum
- Equilibrium of concurrent forces.
- Static and kinetic friction,
- laws of friction
- rolling friction dynamics of uniform circular motion
- Centripetal force
- Work Energy Power
- Potential Energy
- Kinetic Energy
- work-energy theorem
- Centre of mass
- momentum conservation
- centre of mass motion.
- Moment of a force
- angular momentum
- conservation of angular momentum
- Gravitational potential energy
- gravitational potential.
- Escape velocity.
- orbital velocity of a satellite.
- Geostationary satellites.
Properties of Bulk Matter and gases
- Elastic behaviour
- Hooke’s law
- Young’s modulus
- bulk modulus
- modulus of rigidity
- poisson’s ratio
- elastic energy.
- Fluid column causing pressure.
- Pascal’s law
- Viscosity, Stokes’ law,
- Bernoulli’s theorem and its applications.
- Surface energy and surface tension
- Heat, temperature, expansion
- Specific heat capacity
- Heat transfer
- Black Body Radiation
- Wein’s displacement law
- Green House effect.
- Stefan’s law
- Laws of thermodynamics, Heat, Work Reversible, and Nonreversible processes.
- Kinetic theory of gases.
Oscillations and waves:
- Periodic Motion
- Periodic functions
- Oscillations of spring
- The kinetic and potential energy of SHM
- Wave motion
- speed of wave motion.
- Displacement relation for a progressive wave.
- Principle of superposition of waves
- standing waves
- fundamental mode and harmonics.
- Longitudinal and transverse waves
- reflection of waves.
Electrostatics and Current Electricity:
- Electric charges and their conservation.
- Coulomb’s law
- forces between multiple charges
- superposition principle
- continuous charge distribution.
- Electric field, lines, dipole, torque.
- Electric flux
- Gauss’s theorem
- Electrical potential
- electrical potential energy
- Conductors, Insulators, Capacitors.
- Electric current
- flow of electric charges
- drift velocity
- Ohm’s law
- electrical resistance
- V-I characteristics
- electrical energy and power
- electrical resistivity and conductivity.
- Internal resistance of a cell
- Kirchhoff ’s laws
- Wheatstone bridge
The magnetic effect, EMI, and Alternating Current:
- Magnetic field concepts
- Biot – Savart law
- Ampere’s law
- Torque in current loop, magnetic diplole
- Paramagnetic, diamagnetic, ferromagnetic substances
- EMI, Fraday’s laws, Lenz’s law, Eddy current
- AC, RMS, LCR Circuits
- Electromagnetic waves
- Electromagnetic spectrum
- Ray optics complete
- Wave optics complete
- Atoms and nuclei and dual nature of matter.
- Basic Concepts- Chemical composition laws, dalton’s laws, atoms, and molecule theory, molecular formula, empirical formula, stochiometry
- Atomic Structure-History of atoms and molecules, different models discovery, isotopes, isobars, quantum numbers shapes of orbitals, Rules, and principles for filling orbitals
- Chemical Bonding And Molecular Structure- Lewis structures, VBT, MOT, VSEPR, hybridization, hydrogen bond
- Equilibrium-Chemical and Ionic equilibrium
- Thermodynamics-laws of thermodynamics
- Kinetics And Surface Chemistry
- Solid State
- S – Block Elements
- P – Block Elements
- D, F – Block Elements
- Co-Ordination Compounds
- Basic Organic Chemistry And Techniques
- Haloalkanes And Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols And Ethers
- Aldehydes,Ketones, Carboxylic Acids Amines
- Polymers And Biomolecules.
- Complex Numbers
- Permutations And Combinations
- Binomial Theorem, Sequences And Series
- Quadratic Equations
- Measures Of Central Tendency
- Measures Of
- Dispersion Probability
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- 2D Geometry
- The Straight Line
- Pair Of Straight Lines
- Vector Algebra
GITAM GAT RESULT
- The results will be announced on the official website of the University and students can easily access it through the login credentials generated during the registration process.
- Merit list is uploaded on the official website of the university and a message is also sent to candidates to notify about it.
- The scorecard will contain Candidate’s Name, Registration Number, Scores and All India Rank.
GITAM GAT COUNSELLING:
- Candidates need to register for counseling on the official website once the cutoff lists are published.
- Candidates will be charged for counseling, fees are to be paid after a successful registration.
- There would be an option to choose the preferred academic program.
- The candidate will be allotted a seat in the process.
- Seats are allotted to candidates separately for JEE Mains 2020 and AEEE 2020.
- Once the seat is accepted by the candidates, they’ll need to appear at respective colleges and verify the documents
Stay Informed to My Entrance Exam latest updates and feature articles on GITAM GAT