GITAM GAT SYLLABUS
GITAM GAT Syllabus must be read carefully by the candidates preparing for the examination.
GAT is conducted by GITAM for admissions in B.Tech.Duration of Examination is 2.5 Hours and candidates must carry the Hall Ticket to the examination center. Candidates can check the exam pattern here. Candidates can apply online on the official website of the Institute. Check the application procedure here.
The exam is conducted in computer-based mode and The exam consists of three sections i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Physics.
GITAM GAT SYLLABUS
- Frame of reference
- Motion in a straight line: Position-time graph, speed, and velocity. Uniform and
non-uniform motion, average speed, and instantaneous velocity
- Uniformly accelerated motion
- V-T graphs
- Relations for uniformly accelerated motion.
- concepts of differentiation and integration
- Scalar and vector
- Position and displacement vectors
- Unit vectors.
- Resolution of a vector
- Scalar and Vector products of Vectors. Motion in a plane.
acceleration – projectile motion. Uniform circular motion.
- Intuitive concept of force.
- Newton’s laws of motion.
- Newton’s third law of motion.
- Law of conservation of linear momentum
- Equilibrium of concurrent forces.
- Static and kinetic friction,
- laws of friction
- rolling friction dynamics of uniform circular motion
- Centripetal force
- Work Energy Power
- Potential Energy
- Kinetic Energy
- work-energy theorem
- Centre of mass
- momentum conservation
- centre of mass motion.
- Moment of a force
- angular momentum
- conservation of angular momentum
- Gravitational potential energy
- gravitational potential.
- Escape velocity.
- orbital velocity of a satellite.
- Geostationary satellites.
Properties of Bulk Matter and gases
- Elastic behaviour
- Hooke’s law
- Young’s modulus
- bulk modulus
- modulus of rigidity
- poisson’s ratio
- elastic energy.
- Fluid column causing pressure.
- Pascal’s law
- Viscosity, Stokes’ law,
- Bernoulli’s theorem and its applications.
- Surface energy and surface tension
- Heat, temperature, expansion
- Specific heat capacity
- Heat transfer
- Black Body Radiation
- Wein’s displacement law
- Green House effect.
- Stefan’s law
- Laws of thermodynamics, Heat, Work Reversible, and Nonreversible processes.
- Kinetic theory of gases.
Oscillations and waves:
- Periodic Motion
- Periodic functions
- Oscillations of spring
- The kinetic and potential energy of SHM
- Wave motion
- speed of wave motion.
- Displacement relation for a progressive wave.
- Principle of superposition of waves
- standing waves
- fundamental mode and harmonics.
- Longitudinal and transverse waves
- reflection of waves.
Electrostatics and Current Electricity:
- Electric charges and their conservation.
- Coulomb’s law
- forces between multiple charges
- superposition principle
- continuous charge distribution.
- Electric field, lines, dipole, torque.
- Electric flux
- Gauss’s theorem
- Electrical potential
- electrical potential energy
- Conductors, Insulators, Capacitors.
- Electric current
- flow of electric charges
- drift velocity
- Ohm’s law
- electrical resistance
- V-I characteristics
- electrical energy and power
- electrical resistivity and conductivity.
- Internal resistance of a cell
- Kirchhoff ’s laws
- Wheatstone bridge
The magnetic effect, EMI, and Alternating Current:
- Magnetic field concepts
- Biot – Savart law
- Ampere’s law
- Torque in current loop, magnetic diplole
- Paramagnetic, diamagnetic, ferromagnetic substances
- EMI, Fraday’s laws, Lenz’s law, Eddy current
- AC, RMS, LCR Circuits
- Electromagnetic waves
- Electromagnetic spectrum
- Ray optics complete
- Wave optics complete
- Atoms and nuclei and dual nature of matter.
- Basic Concepts- Chemical composition laws, dalton’s laws, atoms, and molecule theory, molecular formula, empirical formula, stochiometry
- Atomic Structure-History of atoms and molecules, different models discovery, isotopes, isobars, quantum numbers shapes of orbitals, Rules, and principles for filling orbitals
- Chemical Bonding And Molecular Structure- Lewis structures, VBT, MOT, VSEPR, hybridization, hydrogen bond
- Equilibrium-Chemical and Ionic equilibrium
- Thermodynamics-laws of thermodynamics
- Kinetics And Surface Chemistry
- Solid State
- S – Block Elements
- P – Block Elements
- D, F – Block Elements
- Co-Ordination Compounds
- Basic Organic Chemistry And Techniques
- Haloalkanes And Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols And Ethers
- Aldehydes,Ketones, Carboxylic Acids Amines
- Polymers And Biomolecules.
- Complex Numbers
- Permutations And Combinations
- Binomial Theorem, Sequences And Series
- Quadratic Equations
- Measures Of Central Tendency
- Measures Of
- Dispersion Probability
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- 2D Geometry
- The Straight Line
- Pair Of Straight Lines
- Vector Algebra
Stay informed to My Entrance Exam for more updates on GITAM GAT syllabus