HTET is conducted by Haryana Government as an eligibility test for teachers to further get recruited in government schools as teachers on different levels. The different levels of teachers are PT, TGT, and PGT.
After qualifying the exam, a certificate is granted to the teachers which remains valid for 5 years through which the teachers can apply in government schools.
HTET 2020 Important Dates
Applications Commencement: October 2020
Applications End: October 2020
Admit Card Availability: November 2020
Release of Answer Key: November 2020
Exam Date: November 2020
Result: To be notified
HTET 2020 Application Form:
- Candidates need to visit the online website to fill the application.
- The first step towards application is to register on the website.
- Candidates must use a valid email address and phone number for smooth verification.
- Subsequently fill in the detailed application form.
- Upload the documents and photographs.
- The application fee is paid through online mode via debit, credit or net banking.
HTET 2020 Eligibility Criteria :
- For Primary Teachers, the candidate must have passed Class 12 and hold a diploma in elementary education.
- For Trained Graduate Teacher: Candidate must hold a Bachelors’s degree along and B. Ed. Degree
- For Post Graduate Teacher: Candidate must hold a graduate degree from a recognized university along with B. Ed.
HTET Exam Pattern :
- The exam is conducted through pen and paper mode.
- The questions are set in both Hindi and English languages.
- The time duration is of 2.5 hours.
- The questions are multiple-choice based.
- No negative marking for wrong answers.
- The total number of questions is 150.
- On the basis of PG, PGT, and TGT, the exam is conducted at three levels.
- Syllabus for Level 1 Exam consists of four sections- Child Development and pedagogy, Languages, Aptitude, and Reasoning, Maths, and EVS.
- Syllabus for Level 2 Exam consists of four sections- Child Development and pedagogy, Languages, Aptitude, and Reasoning, Optional Subject (SSc./Science/Mathematics/Others.
- Syllabus for Level 3 Exam consists of four sections- Child Development and pedagogy, Languages, Aptitude, and Reasoning, Optional Subject (SSc./Science/Mathematics/Others.
- The main difference is in the Syllabus of the Optional Subject. For level 1, syllabus comprises of topics taught in Class 1-5 by Haryana State Board. For level 2, syllabus comprises of topics taught in Class 6-10 by Haryana State Board. For level 3, syllabus comprises of topics taught in Class 9-12 by Haryana State Board.
- The results of the examination will be announced on the official website.
- A merit list will be published on the basis of scores.
FAQs regarding HTET Exam:
Q. What is the validity of the HTET Certificate? A. The HTET Certificate remains valid for five years time period.
Q. Does HTET ensures government teacher recruitment? A. HTET makes an individual eligible for recruitment. To ensure a job, there are further steps to be completed.
Q. Can we correct the applications, once submitted? A. Yes, the applications can be corrected, with a fee of 250 INR
- What is the mode for HTET?
Ans. Pen and paper
- What is the type of exam for HTET?
- Does HTET have negative marking?
- What are the courses one can get admitted into by HTET?
Ans. Primary Teachers, Trained Graduate Teacher, Post Graduate Teacher
Stay updated on MY ENTRANCE EXAM for more information about HTET