MET COUNSELLING 2020
The admission committee of Manipal University will be conducting the MET counselling 2020 in both offline and online mode. The procedure for Round I will be notified further. MET counselling and allotment may be held in seven rounds which will include two offline rounds
- intra institute sliding and
- spot round.
Only those applicants who have made it to the merit list will be called in for the MET counselling . To participate in MET Counselling 2020, the applicants will have to register themselves in offline mode where the selection and locking of choices can be done. Verification of documents will also be conducted by the admission committee of MET. Admissions will be provided on the basis of the applicant’s merit and availability of seats. A wait list will also be generated for those applicants who wish to participate in the second round of counselling of MET 2020.
The shortlisted applicants selected for MET counselling will be required to report physically for registration. The counselling session commencement will be notified. Allotment of seats will be done in online mode. Those applicants who are allotted a seat but wish to wait for another course will be also be eligible for admission through wait listing.
PROCEDURE OF MET COUNSELLING 2020
To participate in the counselling session, the applicants will have to successfully register themselves in offline mode. The applicants will have to access the registration form from the counter at the counselling venue. Filling of the registration form has to be done by the applicants. While registering themselves, the applicants will be required to submit their preferred choices of college and courses. Allotment of seats will be done based on their selection.
Payment of Counselling Registration Fee
The applicants will have to pay both the registration and course fees while applying for the MET counselling 2020. Mode of payment is offline i.e., through a Demand Draft drawn in favour of Manipal University payable at Manipal or Udupi. No other mode of payment of course fees will be accepted.
MET Counselling Fees
|S.No||Category||Amount (in Rs.)|
|1||Registration Fees||Rs. 10,000|
|2||Course Fees||Rs. 2,95,000|
The following documents along with a set of photocopies will have to be submitted by the applicants for verification during MET 2020 counselling :
- MET Hall Ticket 2020
- Demand Draft of the counselling registration fees and course fees.
- 10th Standard Mark Sheet as Proof of Date of Birth
- Conduct/Character Certificate issued by the School/College
- Transfer Certificate or School Leaving Certificate issued by the School/College.
- Copy of PAN Card of the Parent.
- Four Recent and Identical Passport Size Photograph and One Stamp Size Photograph.
Allotment of Seats
The eligible applicants will be allotted seats as per their ranking in the merit list. The preference of seats and availability of seats will also be a major factor for allotment. The list of the allotted applicants will be made available in online mode. The applicants will have to report at their alloted institute for confirmation of admission.
MET Wait List 2020
The wait list option will be open for those applicants who have been allotted a seat and wish to participate in the second round of counselling and who have already registered but were not allotted any seat in the first round. The non-allotted applicants will be required to pay the registration fees. The wait list form will have to be filled in by all of the applicants. If these applicants are allotted seats later on, then the registration fees will be adjusted during the admission. For more details, read MET Wait List 2020.
EXTRA COUNSELLING ROUNDS
Intra-Institute Sliding (Physical Round)
- The intra-institute sliding will be conducted if there are vacancies after the five rounds.
- In intra-institute sliding, the up gradation is possible only in the institute where the candidate has joined i.e, there is no possibility of shifting the campus.
- Candidates who have already taken the seat are not eligible for this round.
- Those who want to participate in the intra-institute sliding, have to physically report to the seat allotment centre of the institute on the specified day.
- The candidates can register for intra-institute sliding at the venue by filling their choices and locking it.
- The seat will be allotted to the candidates as per their choice, MET 2020 rank and vacancy.
Spot round seat allotment (Physical Round)
- The vacant seat, if any, after the intra-institute sliding will be filled in the spot round
The following candidates are eligible for spot round:
- Those who have not registered in any of the previous rounds of counselling
- Those who have registered in any one of the rounds but have not got the seat in the previous rounds of counselling
- Those who did not pay the balance course fees after allotment of the seat
- Those who have taken the seat but withdrawn subsequently
- Those who have already taken the seat and joined the respective institute; these candidates have to vacate the seat before participating in the spot round.
- All the candidates who wish to participate in the spot round shall physically report to one of the counselling centres (Manipal, Jaipur or Sikkim campus) on the day of spot round at 9:00 am.
- The candidates should submit the documents listed above, along with a demand draft of Rs 2,70,000/- in favour of “Manipal University”, payable at Manipal or Udupi, before the registration for spot round.
- Those who have already paid the registration fee may submit a demand draft for the balance amount.
- Eligible candidates who have submitted all the documents and paid the fee will be permitted to register for spot round and the seat will be allotted as per the MET 2020 rank, their choice and availability of seats.
- Candidates are advised to choose their institutes and branches carefully, as there is no provision of fee refund if one chooses not to join the allotted institute.
- However, if a candidate is not allotted a seat, then the fee collected will be refunded fully.
- Those who have got the seat in the spot round have to collect the MET Admission order and report to the allotted institute.
For more details about MET Counselling 2020 keep tuned to www.myentranceexam.in/