NIMHANS Entrance Exam form will release on the official website from 1st August 2020. NIMHANS also is known as National Institute of Mental Health and Neuroscience conducts it’s own entrance exam every year for many medical courses like PhD, PG Diploma course, DCNT/CCNT/DPN/DNN and BSc.
The Institute also provides various facilities to the students like medical room, well-equipped labs, Gym, a hostel for boys and girls, ETC. For more information about application form, eligibility criteria, courses offered, FAQs read below-given details.
NIMHANS ENTRANCE EXAM IMPORTANT DATES
For Session 1
Application form commencement: 17th Jan 2020
Last date of registration: 16th Feb 2020
Date of examination: 30-31 March 2020
For Session 2
Application form commencement: 1st August 2020
Last date of registration: 31st August 2020
Date of examination: 20th October 2020
NIMHANS ENTRANCE EXAM COURSES OFFERED
There are various courses offered in the National Institute of Medical Health and Neuroscience such as:
- DM degree in Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology, Neurology, Neuro anaesthesia, Neuropathology, Child & Adolescent psychiatric/Geriatric Psychiatry.
- CH. degree in Neurosurgery
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Neuro anaesthesia and Neurocritical care.
NIMHANS ENTRANCE EXAM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Candidates should check their eligibility criteria before applying for the application form. The eligibility is different for different courses which they choose.
- For DM Course:
- Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology – Candidates should have a degree in MD/DNB in Radiodiagnosis.
- Neurology – Candidates should have a 5-year degree in MBBS degree or MD/DNB degree in Internal Medicine or Paediatrics.
- Child Adolescent Psychiatric/Geriatric Psychiatry – Candidates should have a degree in MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
- For M.CH. course candidates should have a 5-year degree of MBBS or 3-year degree of MD/DNB in General Surgery.
- For Post-Doctoral Fellowship – Candidates should have a 3-year degree in MD/DNB in a required course.
NIMHANS ENTRANCE EXAM APPLICATION FORM
- The application form is available online on the official website of the University.
- Candidates should fill all the details very carefully and correctly.
- Candidates have to fill their personal information, valid Id, ETC.
- Candidates can deposit their application fees through a debit/credit or other payment methods.
- After all the formalities of registration, candidates will have their Id and password through which they can check their result and all the important information regarding their admissions.
- Candidates should take a printout of their application form for further use.
- The application fees cost for each category is:
|Category||Fee for UG course||Fee for PG Course|
|PWD||No fee||No fee|
Candidates have to fill their admission form and attach some personal documents. Some documents which are necessary to carry are:
- 12th and 10th mark sheet
- Bachelor’s degree
- Character certificate
- Migration certificate
- Caste certificate
- Passport size photo
NIMHANS ENTRANCE EXAM
- The admission is done based on the merit list or cuts off released after the entrance exam.
- The entrance exam will be conducted online.
- The entrance exam is organized two times per year i.e. January and July.
- The question paper has objective/MCQs with a time limit of 90 minutes with 0.25 of negative marking.
NIMHANS ENTRANCE EXAM ADMIT CARD
- Candidates can download the admit card for entrance exam from the official website.
- To download the admit card candidates have to fill their application no., exam year, name, ETC.
- It is necessary for every candidate to carry the admit card at the exam centre otherwise entry will not be permitted.
- The admit card consists of all information about the candidates’ roll no., exam centre, date sheet, ETC.
- Along with the admit card candidates have to carry a valid Id proof like Aadhar card, passport size photo, PAN card, etc
NIMHANS ENTRANCE EXAM RESULT:
- The result of the entrance exam will be released on the official website of the Institute.
- Candidates should visit the website to remain updated for any kind of information.
- After the result declaration, the merit list is released and only eligible candidates are shortlisted for admission.
NIMHANS ENTRANCE EXAM COUNSELLING
The counselling session will take place after the result announcement. According to the cut-off, eligible candidates can register for counselling session through online mode.
Candidates are required to carry all the necessary documents like valid Id proof, education qualifications, transfer, migration and character certificate, SSC mark sheet, passport size photo, ETC.
According to the candidate’s choice, the seat will be allotted to the candidates in their course if they are eligible for it
Q-1 What facilities are available at NIMHANS for students?
Ans There is facilities like medical room, sports complex, Gym, Canteen, Auditorium, Library, ETC.
Q-2 Is there any entrance exam conducted by the Institute?
Ans Yes, entrance exam is conducted every year by the Institute for admission in PG course.
Q-3 What is the first year fees of M.CH?
Ans First year fees of this course are Rs. 81,050. Candidates can submit it after the admission procedure.
Stay updated on MY ENTRANCE EXAM for more information about NIMHANS Entrance Exam.