TNAU, stands for Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, offers admissions into various Under-graduate and post-graduate programs in Agriculture, Horticulture, Nutrition, and dietetics, food technology, biotechnology, genetics, microbiology and many more. The admissions into an undergraduate course are based on merit whereas for post-graduate courses, an entrance exam is conducted.
TNAU IMPORTANT DATES:
|Correction window active||NA|
TNAU APPLICATION FORM:
It is advised to read all the guidelines issued by TNAU before applying and to check the eligibility criteria for the specific course to minimize the chance of rejection of the application.
- Candidates can visit the website of TNAU to register.
- Initially, registration is done and a User Id and password are generated.
- Candidates need to login to the account using the credentials generated.
- Subsequently fill in the detailed application form.
- Attach the documents and photographs mentioned in the guidelines.
- The application fee can be made through online mode via debit, credit, or net banking.
- Documents required for the application: 10th Class Marksheet, 12th Class Marksheet, Migration Certificate, Transfer Certificate.
- Print out the confirmation page, after successfully submitting the application, for future references.
|General||600 INR||1000 INR|
|SC/ST||300 INR||500 INR|
Mode of payment: Credit card/debit card/ net banking/ UPI methods of payment can be used to fill the application fee. The mode of payment is to be online only.
TNAU ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- For UG courses, the candidate must have passed Class 12 from a recognized board in the Science stream and must not have attained age more than 21 years.
- For PG courses, the candidate must hold graduation of 4 years from any of the agricultural Universities of state or from the colleges affiliated to the University.
- For a regular doctoral program, the candidate must hold post-graduation of 4 years from any of the agricultural Universities of state or from the colleges affiliated to the University.
- For an external doctoral program, the candidate must hold post-graduation of 4 years from any of the agricultural Universities of state or from the colleges affiliated to the University and must have experience of at least 12 years in the same field.
TNAU EXAM PATTERN:
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Exam Duration||1.5 Hours|
TNAU ADMIT CARD:
- The candidate can download the admit card from the website.
- A dialogue box will appear to fill the application number.
- Subsequently, the candidate needs to fill the password for logging in.
- The admit card will contain details like Name, Roll no. , Examination timings, venue, the signature of the candidate, and photographs.
- It is compulsory to carry admit card to the examination hall along with government-approved identity proof.
- The admit card will not be sent by post.
- The results will be announced on the official website of the University and students can easily access it through the login credentials generated during the registration process.
- The scorecard will contain Candidate’s Name, Registration Number, Scores, and All India Rank.
- Merit list is uploaded on the official website of the university and a message is also sent to candidates to notify about it.
- Candidates need to register for counseling on the official website once the merit lists are published.
- Candidates will be charged for counseling, fees are to be paid after a successful registration.
- There would be an option to choose the preferred academic program.
- The candidate will be allotted a seat in the process.
- Once the seat is accepted by the candidates, they’ll need to appear at respective colleges and verify the documents.
Documents Required during Counselling:
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Mark sheet
- Bachelor’s Marksheet
- Scorecard of Entrance Examination
- Address Proof
- Caste Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Passport-sized photographs
STAY INFORMED TO MY ENTRANCE EXAM for more updates on TNAU.