UPESEAT 2020 is conducted by UPES Institute for admissions into Engineering courses. The exam is conducted online and offline.The exam will be conducted from 8 Jul ’20 – 12 Jul ’20.The last date to apply for the exam is 30 June 20.Check out the syllabus here
The exam is conducted in computer-based mode and The exam consists of three sections i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, General Awareness
UPESEAT 2020 Highlights
- Full Form: University of Petroleum & Energy Studies Engineering Admission Test
- Conducting Body: University of Petroleum & Energy Studies E
- Application Mode: Online
- Eligibility: Passed 10+2 examination
- Syllabus: 10+2 syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, English, General Awareness
- Mode of Exam: Online
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
UPESEAT IMPORTANT DATES:
Commencement of Online Application: Started
Last Date of Application: 30 June,20
Date of Examination: 8 Jul ’20 – 12 Jul’20
Results 2020: 3rd Week of JUly2020
UPESEAT 2020 ELIGIBILITY:
- Minimum 50% marks in classes 10th & 12th.
- Minimum 50% in PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) in Class 12th.
Through the non-examination pathway:
1. JEE Mains merit- Minimum 50% marks in class 10th & 12th and minimum 60% aggregate in PCM in class 12th.
2. Board merit- Minimum 80% marks in class 10th & 12th and minimum 80% aggregate in PCM in class 12th.
UPESEAT EXAM PATTERN
- The paper consists of Multiple choice based questions and consists of four options.
- 1mark is granted for every right answer.
- There is no negative marking.
- The exam paper is divided into five sections i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, General Awareness, and English.
- The number of questions in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics is 50 each.
- The number of question in General Awareness is 20
- The number of questions in English is 30.
- A total of 3 hours are allotted to complete the paper.
- Only a single answer is correct from the four options, marking more than one option will be considered as the wrong answer.
- Frame of reference
- Motion in a straight line: Position-time graph, speed, and velocity. Uniform and
non-uniform motion, average speed, and instantaneous velocity
- Uniformly accelerated motion
- V-T graphs
- Relations for uniformly accelerated motion.
- concepts of differentiation and integration
- Scalar and vector
- Position and displacement vectors
- Unit vectors.
- Resolution of a vector
- Scalar and Vector products of Vectors. Motion in a plane.
acceleration – projectile motion. Uniform circular motion.
- Intuitive concept of force.
- Newton’s laws of motion.
- Newton’s third law of motion.
- Law of conservation of linear momentum
- Equilibrium of concurrent forces.
- Static and kinetic friction,
- laws of friction
- rolling friction dynamics of uniform circular motion
- Centripetal force
- Work Energy Power
- Potential Energy
- Kinetic Energy
- work-energy theorem
- Centre of mass
- momentum conservation
- centre of mass motion.
- Moment of a force
- angular momentum
- conservation of angular momentum
- Gravitational potential energy
- gravitational potential.
- Escape velocity.
- orbital velocity of a satellite.
- Geostationary satellites.
Properties of Bulk Matter and gases
- Elastic behaviour
- Hooke’s law
- Young’s modulus
- bulk modulus
- modulus of rigidity
- poisson’s ratio
- elastic energy.
- Fluid column causing pressure.
- Pascal’s law
- Viscosity, Stokes’ law,
- Bernoulli’s theorem and its applications.
- Surface energy and surface tension
- Heat, temperature, expansion
- Specific heat capacity
- Heat transfer
- Black Body Radiation
- Wein’s displacement law
- Green House effect.
- Stefan’s law
- Laws of thermodynamics, Heat, Work Reversible, and Nonreversible processes.
- Kinetic theory of gases.
Oscillations and waves:
- Periodic Motion
- Periodic functions
- Oscillations of spring
- The kinetic and potential energy of SHM
- Wave motion
- speed of wave motion.
- Displacement relation for a progressive wave.
- Principle of superposition of waves
- standing waves
- fundamental mode and harmonics.
- Longitudinal and transverse waves
- reflection of waves.
Electrostatics and Current Electricity:
- Electric charges and their conservation.
- Coulomb’s law
- forces between multiple charges
- superposition principle
- continuous charge distribution.
- Electric field, lines, dipole, torque.
- Electric flux
- Gauss’s theorem
- Electrical potential
- electrical potential energy
- Conductors, Insulators, Capacitors.
- Electric current
- flow of electric charges
- drift velocity
- Ohm’s law
- electrical resistance
- V-I characteristics
- electrical energy and power
- electrical resistivity and conductivity.
- Internal resistance of a cell
- Kirchhoff ’s laws
- Wheatstone bridge
The magnetic effect, EMI, and Alternating Current:
- Magnetic field concepts
- Biot – Savart law
- Ampere’s law
- Torque in current loop, magnetic diplole
- Paramagnetic, diamagnetic, ferromagnetic substances
- EMI, Fraday’s laws, Lenz’s law, Eddy current
- AC, RMS, LCR Circuits
- Electromagnetic waves
- Electromagnetic spectrum
- Ray optics complete
- Wave optics complete
- Atoms and nuclei and dual nature of matter.
- Basic Concepts- Chemical composition laws, dalton’s laws, atoms, and molecule theory, molecular formula, empirical formula, stochiometry
- Atomic Structure-History of atoms and molecules, different models discovery, isotopes, isobars, quantum numbers shapes of orbitals, Rules, and principles for filling orbitals
- Chemical Bonding And Molecular Structure- Lewis structures, VBT, MOT, VSEPR, hybridization, hydrogen bond
- Equilibrium-Chemical and Ionic equilibrium
- Thermodynamics-laws of thermodynamics
- Kinetics And Surface Chemistry
- Solid State
- S – Block Elements
- P – Block Elements
- D, F – Block Elements
- Co-Ordination Compounds
- Basic Organic Chemistry And Techniques
- Haloalkanes And Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols And Ethers
- Aldehydes,Ketones, Carboxylic Acids Amines
- Polymers And Biomolecules.
- Complex Numbers
- Permutations And Combinations
- Binomial Theorem, Sequences And Series
- Quadratic Equations
- Measures Of Central Tendency
- Measures Of
- Dispersion Probability
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- 2D Geometry
- The Straight Line
- Pair Of Straight Lines
- Vector Algebra
UPESEAT ADMIT CARD
- The UPESEAT Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website of the Institute by entering the application number.
- The admit card will have details such as- Roll no., Candidate’s name, exam center, time slot
- If a candidate does not receive the admit card, he/she must write to the Director of University at least 15 days prior to the exam.
- Candidate must carry two copies of the admit card along with identity proof to the exam center.
- The hall ticket should be used strictly by the candidate only.
UPESEAT RESULT will be announced on the official website after the conduction of exam from 8 July-12 July 2020. Click here to check the results.
The exam is conducted in computer-based mode and The exam consists of three sections i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, General Awareness.
- The results will be announced on the official website of the University and students can easily access it through the login credentials generated during the registration process.
- Merit list is uploaded on the official website of the university and a message is also sent to candidates to notify about it.
- The scorecard will contain Candidate’s Name, Registration Number, Scores and All India Rank
- Candidates need to register for counseling on the official website once the cutoff lists are published.
- Candidates will be charged for counseling, fees are to be paid after a successful registration.
- There would be an option to choose the preferred academic program.
- The candidate will be allotted a seat in the process.
- Seats are allotted to candidates separately for JEE Mains 2020 and AEEE 2020.
- Once the seat is accepted by the candidates, they’ll need to appear at respective colleges and verify the documents
Documents required during UPESEAT Counselling:
- 10th Mark sheet
- 12th Mark sheet
- Scorecard of Entrance Examination
- Address Proof
- Caste Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Passport-sized photographs
Stay Informed to MyEntranceExam latest updates and feature articles on UPESEAT.