CAT or Common Admission Test is National level online entrance exam conducted by IIM for admissions for MBA in IIMs and other Business Schools of the country.
Common Admission Test is believed to be one of the toughest entrance exams. Last year it was conducted on 24 November 2019 in two sessions.
CAT 2021 IMPORTANT DATES
CAT 2021 notification release
Last week of July, 2021
Admit card release
Fourth week of October, 2021
Third week of September, 2021
CAT exam 2021
CAT answer key release
First week of December, 2021
Answer key challenge process
First week of December, 2021
CAT result 2021 declaration
Second week of January, 2022
- The students appearing for the Common Admission Test exam must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% or equivalent CGPA.
- The relaxation is given to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons
with Disability (PWD) categories of 5%.
- The degree must be awarded by any University or educational institution as incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State legislature in India or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- The students in last year of the college are also eligible to appear for the exam but they need to submit a certificate issued by the college that the student has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date when the certificate was issued.
- Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam and should read all the guidelines issued on the official website.
- Make sure you have a valid email address and Phone number prior to registering online.
- The registration for Common Admission Test exam begins in the 1st week of August 2020, and can be registered on the official website
- Candidate need to generate unique user id and password in 1st
- Application form can be then filled by logging in with the help of user id and password generated initially.
- All the columns marked with ’*’ are mandatory and should be filled.
- Candidates must fill form accurately as no change can be made once the form is submitted.
- Qualification details required during filling the form are as follows:
- SSC/10th/Equivalent Details
- HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details
- Bachelor’s Degree Details
- Master’s Degree Details
- Other Professional Degree Details
- For SC and ST and PwD Candidates the registration fees is 950/- only
- For all the remaining candidates the fees is 1900/-
- The application fees is needed to be paid only once irrespective of number of institutes one is applying to.
- The fees will not be refunded in any scenario.
- The test is conducted through online mode and is of 3 hours duration.
- It is a computer based multiple choice paper and is divided in to three sections.
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VARC)-34 questions
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)-32 questions
- Quantitative Ability (QA)-34 questions
The scores of the test will be released on the official website in the month of January 2021
Every individual is notified about the scorecard through SMS.
The score will remain valid until December 2021 only.
- Once the results are announced on the official website of the IIM, the selection process begins thereafter.
- The names of candidates selected for the further rounds are published on the respective IIM website.
- The selected candidates are sent official interview letters.
- Basis of selection are as follows:
- Written Ability Test (WAT)
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
- Academic Records
Ques: What is the duration to fill CAT admissions forms?
Ans. 1st Week of August 2021 to 3rd Week of September 2021
Ques: When is CAT 2021?
Ans. Last week of November
Ques: When are the results for CAT 2021?
Ans. January 2022
Ques: What is CAT?
Ans. Common Admission Test is a National level online entrance exam conducted by IIM for admissions for MBA Business Schools of the country.
Ques: What is the exam pattern for CAT 2021?
34 questions of Verbal and Reading Comprehension
32 questions of Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
34 questions Quantitative Ability
Stay Informed to MyEntranceExam latest updates and feature articles on CAT 2021.