Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Advanced 2021) -Advanced is a highly renowned entrance exam for aspirants of Engineering. It is the second exam of JEE known as JEE ADVANCED 2021 and only a few qualified candidates of JEE MAIN are selected for IIT. The ratio of applying and qualifying is such that 15 lakh students apply for JEE but only 200,000 make it to the JEE and further 25,000(approximately) candidates take a big leap and honour themselves to be known as IITians.
Also, Aspirants must take note that JEE Advanced is for admission to the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), while the JEE-Main exam is for admission to the National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs). The candidates qualified in JEE Mains are eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced.
IIT DELHI has been selected to conduct JEE ADVANCED 2021 for this year.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, the scheduled dates have been changed to newly updated with restores of life back to normal. Check that out!!
JEE Advanced 2021: Important dates
Candidates must note that the exam has been postponed due to the outbreak of coronavirus.
|Events||Dates (Tentative) 2021|
|Application Form releases||1st week of May 2021|
|Last date to submit application form||May/ June 2021|
|Last date for fee payment||3rd week of June 2021|
|Admit card availability||4th week of June 2021|
|JEE Advanced 2021 exam date||3rd July 2021|
|Response sheet to send to candidates||July 2021|
|Answer key releases||4th week of July 2021|
|Objection receive||4th week of July 2021|
|JEE Advanced 2021 Result||July/ August 2021|
|Registration for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||2nd week of August 2021|
|AAT 2021 Exam date||2nd week of August 2021|
|AAT 2021 Result||2nd week of August 2021|
|Seat allotment||3rd week of August 2021|
|Seat allotment last date||3rd week of August 2021|
- JEE Advanced result 2021: To be notified The result will comprise the exam scores, All India Rank (AIR) of candidates, subject-wise marks, etc.
Information regarding JEE ADVANCED taking into consideration last year’s regulations.
- The organizing institute for 2021 is IIT.
- JEE ADVANCED is divided into two sets of Papers each containing three sections including MCQs, paragraphs and matching list which are further explained in the article
- Foreign candidates including PIO – Person of Indian origin and OCI- overseas citizenship of India are allowed to appear in the EXAM i.e. they are eligible for JEE ADVANCED.
- Defense Services: The Defence Service seats can be availed only by the children whose parent was killed or permanently disabled during wartime/battles or peacetime operations while in defense / paramilitary service. Kindly note all DS children were not eligible/ avail the services
JEE ADVANCED 2021 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
- The ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for JEE-ADVANCED is to Qualify JEE MAIN Exam.
- Candidates who fall among the top 2,50,000 rankers in JEE Main 2021 across all categories are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced
- In the previous year, the cut off was 100 marks which were apparently lower than 2018 but the JEE MAIN test was, even more, trickier and as always concept based.
- The percentage of candidates eligible for admissions under different categories are as follows:
- General category candidates (from the common merit list) – 46.5%
- General EWS – 4%
- OBC-NCL candidates – 27%
- SC candidates – 15%
- ST candidates – 7.5%
- PWD candidates – Horizontal reservation of 5% in all the above categories
JEE ADVANCED REGISTRATION 2021:
- JEE ADVANCED REGISTRATION begins after JEE MAIN results are declared. Students shall take this into consideration that candidates qualifying JEE MAIN are allowed to appear for JEE ADVANCED.
- Moreover, payment for JEE ADVANCED is to be made during registration and fees for MAIN doesn’t include the fees of ADVANCED.
JEE ADVANCED Syllabus and Paper Pattern:
1. The Syllabus for ADVANCED is the same as MAIN but it’s an uphill battle.
2. The paper pattern is objective as the MAIN’s
3. It also consists of two Papers, both are held on the same day.
4. Paper 1 is scheduled in the morning from 9 a.m. To 12 p.m. and 2nd Paper in the afternoon from 2 p.m. To 5 p.m.
5. Each paper has a duration of three hours.
- It Comprises of 3 sections: PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY & MATHEMATICS.
- It will test the Analytical and Reasoning abilities.
- Paper 1 is divided into 3 parts
- The first section has MCQ with options carrying 1 correct answer.
- In 2nd section it may carry 1 or more correct answer and
- In the 3rd section, it has an integer range from 0 to 9.
Paper 2 is designed to contemplate the theory, data analysis, etc. It carries paragraphs and MCQs and a matching list.
Paper 2 also has 3 parts as explained below
- Section 1 has 8 MCQ’s. Each question has only one correct answer.
- Section 2 has 8 MCQ’s.
- This section includes 4 paragraphs and 2 questions are asked from each paragraph which adds up to 8 questions in this section. The question will have four options with only one correct answer. (which includes theory, practical aspects, data)
- Section 3 contains Matching List questions, Two lists are given with matching options as a, b, c, and d. Based on the given codes, the correct answer is to be matched and thus attempted in the ORS
Sample papers are available for the practice for this back-breaking exam.
JEE ADVANCED EXAM CENTRE 2021 :
JEE ADVANCED EXAM is organized by any of the IIT’s and for 2021 IIT DELHI has taken up responsibility for hosting the exam.
JEE Advanced exam centers are divided into the following seven zones:
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Roorkee
Candidates will be asked to choose their zone basis for their preference, at the time of filling the application form.
JEE Advanced 2021 Admission Process
The admission process includes the following steps:
STEP 1: JEE Advanced 2021 Registration/ Filling the online application form
- The candidate’s first step is to fill the online application form for appearing in the exam from the official website.
- Candidates can register for the exam even if they do not opt to give the examination while registering for JEE Main 2021. The application cannot be withdrawn after the registration process has been completed by the candidate.
STEP 2: JEE Advanced 2021 Admit cards
- After the registration process gets over, candidates can download their JEE Advanced admit card from the official online registration portal of this engineering entrance examination.
- Candidates must produce a copy of their downloaded admit card at the time of examination for future preference. The original admit card must be retained by the candidates till all the admission formalities of the exam are completed.
- Admit cards will be released a week before the commencement of Exam i.e. in, 2021. Admit cards will be available on the official website of JEE ADVANCED and it can be accessed via CANDIDATE PORTAL by filling up the necessary details required like Registration Number or in some exams it’s application number, D.O.B., Phone Number and E-mail ID.
JEE ADVANCED 2021 RESULT:
Any notification regarding the exam will be announced after the lockdown ends. The result will be declared via the candidate portal as expected. Nearly 2 lakh students qualify in JEE MAIN but around 25,000 qualify for IIT’S I.e. JEE ADVANCED.
JEE ADVANCED 2021 COUNSELLING:
The Counseling will begin after the declaration of results and only those candidates will be allowed who will qualify. Also, counseling will begin from AIR 1 ( All India Rank 1) obtained by the student in the exam.
Candidates can secure admissions to the following courses:
- 4-year Bachelors – BTech, BS
- 5-year BArch
- 5-year Dual Degree – BTech, MTech, BS, MS
- 5-year Integrated Masters – MTech, MSc, Dual Degree
JEE 2021 – Things to Remember
The first sheet of the Answer booklet will be Optical Response Sheet (ORS). It will have carbon in between as there will be two sheets.
Candidates are supposed to fill up the appropriate bubble say A, B, C, D whichever may be the correct answer, and then, their answers will be imprinted on the 2nd sheet which serves as a copy of answers (of candidates) to the applicants appeared for the exam.
Candidates require to use a black ballpoint pen for filling the sheets and thus must cautious while writing down their information and answers.
The invigilator will provide a copy of the answer sheet once exam the exam is completed as per the official duration. Later on, the candidate’s answer copy can be used to cross-check with the Answer key, which also gets published on the official website.
Frequently Asked Question JEE ADVANCED 2021
1. What is the JEE Advanced exam?
Ans. JEE advanced is the second exam of JEE and only a few qualified candidates of JEE MAIN are eligible for this exam and qualification of this exam is necessary for admissions at IITs across India.
2. What is the difference between JEE Mains and the JEE advanced exam?
Ans. JEE mains is a national exam for admission into engineering colleges all across India. JEE Advanced is the next exam after qualifying the JEE mains required to get admission into IITs.
3. What is the exam pattern for JEE advanced?
Ans. JEE advanced is an objective exam as well as a subjective exam comprising 2 sections.
4. What are the JEE Advanced exam sections?
Ans. There are 2 papers in JEE advanced. First paper is purely based on physics, chemistry, mathematics and the second paper is more on the theoretical and data analysis side.
5. What are the application fees for JEE advanced 2021?
Ans. 2800 rs
6. Who conducts JEE Advanced?
Ans. IIT delhi
7. What is the mode of exam for JEE advanced 2021?
Ans. computer based exam
8. What is the 12th percentage criteria for JEE advanced?
Ans. 75% or more aggregate
“Stay Informed to My Entrance Exam latest updates and feature articles on JEE Advanced 2021.