WBJEE 2020: West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board
WBJEE 2020 The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination is a state-level eligibility test for admission into various medical and engineering undergraduate courses offered by prestigious educational institutions across the State of West Bengal. The examination is conducted by the esteemed West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB). The objective of this entrance examination is to help the deserving candidates to get admission into undergraduate courses offered by close to 150 medical and engineering colleges. The coverage of educational institutions includes both government and private colleges of West Bengal.
WBJEE 2020 Notification:
The admission through WBJEE is based on the written test conducted by the board every year. The WBJEE for the academic year 2020 will involve a written examination. The exams will be conducted in the month of May 2020 tentatively. The notification for the examination will be posted on the official website of WBJEE.
WBJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
Every aspirant must fulfil the eligibility criteria of WBJEE 2020 for taking admissions in various degrees offered. The eligibility criteria are as given below:
- Candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- Candidates from West Bengal domicile will be given priority.
- Candidates aged 17 years and above as on 31st December 2020 but not more than 25 years as on 31st July 2020 can apply for all engineering, medicine, and marine course.
- Candidates must have passed Class XII boards conducted by any state board/ CBSE/ CISCE/ National institute of open school.
- The candidates in the general category should have secured a minimum of 45% marks and those in reserved categories should have secured a minimum of 40% in 12th Examination.
- Candidates must have passed their qualifying examination with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry (PCM) as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 30% in English.
- Candidates applying for Marine Engineering must possess a 60% mark in PCM taken together and 50% mark in English in either 10th or +2 Examination.
|DETAILS||ENGINEERING COURSES||MEDICAL COURSES|
|Mode of Examination||Pen and paper based||Pen and paper based|
|Type of Question||One tier and two tier multiple choice questions||One tier and two tier multiple choice questions|
|Total marks with duration of exam||Mathematics: 100 (2 hours) Chemistry: 75 (1.5 hours) Physics: 75 (1.5 hours) Biology: NA||Mathematics: 100 (2 hours) Chemistry & Physics: 100 (2 hours) Biology: 150 (2.5 hours)|
|Marking Scheme||Each question will carry one mark.||Each question will carry one mark.|
|Negative Marking||¼ will be reduced for each wrong answer.||¼ will be reduced for each wrong answer.|
- OMR sheets will be provided for answering.
- Blue/black pens should be used for marking the answers in the OMR sheets.
The table below contains various subjects and a comprehensive list of topics under each such subject which will be tested in the examination.
|Physics||Optics, mechanics, Properties of Matter, Electricity, Heat and thermodynamics, electronic devices, Atomic physics, Magnetism, Laser and optic fiber, Nuclear physics, electronic devices.|
|Chemistry||Block elements, Some basic concepts in chemistry, Thermodynamics, chemical equilibrium, and chemical kinetics, Coordination chemistry and solid-state chemistry, redox reactions and electro chemistry, organic chemistry basic principles, Characterization &Purification of organic compounds, Hydrocarbons, Compounds with organic nature containing halogen, Organic compounds containing oxygen, polymers, Biomolecules.|
|Mathematics||Complex numbers, Partial fractions, Matrices and determinants, Quadratic equations, Trigonometry, Binomial theorem for a positive integral index, Permutations and combinations, Two-dimensional coordinate geometry, Vector Algebra, Three-dimensional geometry, Integration, Limit, continuity and differentiability, Set, theory & probability, Ordinary differential equations.|
|Biological Science||Science of Life, Genetics and Evolution, Evolution, Morphological variations, and structural organization, Biochemistry Physiology, Understanding on plants and animals, Taxonomy, Systematics and Biodiversity, Ecology and Environment, Biodiversity and Conservation of natural resources, Issues related to the environment, Microbes and human welfare, Health and diseases, Biotechnology and its applications.|
Note: The candidates are advised to use NCERT books for the subjects, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics of class 11th and 12th.
WBJEE Important Dates 2020:
Aspirants must take note of these following dates:
|S NO||EVENTS||IMPORTANT DATES|
|1||The start date for online registration form||October 18, 2019|
|2||Last date for receipt of Application form||November 13, 2019|
|3||WBJEE Application Form Correction Window||November 14 – 16, 2019.|
|4||Issue of WBJEE Admit card 2020||January 24, 2020|
|5||Examination||February 2, 2020|
|6||Release of WBJEE Result 2020||will announce the results in the last week of April, 2020.|
|7||WBJEE Counselling||Start from the June 24- June 29, 2020|
Note– Given schedule is tentative, Final dates will be updated after the release of official notice for WBJEE 2020.
As per the sources, WBJEE 2020 result is expected to be out soon after the nationwide lockdown period gets over. In the wake of novel coronavirus, Central Government has announced lockdown through the nation till April 14, 2020. Since WBJEE 2020 was conducted in earlier February, it is speculated that authorities will be in the completion stage of result formation and will announce the results in the last week of April, 2020.
Counselling Procedure of WBJEE 2020:
- Aspirants qualifying WBJEE 2020 are eligible to appear in WBJEE 2020 Counseling which comprises of three rounds.
- The candidates who have passed the entrance examination should register themselves for the counseling process. Once the candidate has registered for counseling he/she will be allotted a roll number and password.
- Candidates can block the seats for the preferred college and course using the roll number and password. After the seats are allocated, aspirants will be called for physical examination and document verification.
- The aggregate of Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the 12th standard examination will be also be considered.
- The brief stages of the counseling process are as follows:
- Registration for counseling online.
- Marking of choices in various colleges.
- Seat Allocation.
- Verification of documents.
- Final admission.
The entire schedule for the counseling and admission is mentioned below:
|Start of online registration for WBJEE Counselling 2020||June 24- June 29, 2020|
|Online choice filling by candidates||June 24 – June 30, 2020|
|System operated choice locking to be done until||June 30, 2020 (By midnight)|
|Declaration of Round 1 seat allotment||July 3, 2020|
|Round 1 – Physical reporting, document verification, initial fee payment, collection of allotment cards at RC centers, withdrawal of admission||July 4, 2020, to July 7, 2020|
|Declaration of Round 2 seat allotment||July 9, 2020|
|Round 2 – Physical reporting, document verification, initial fee payment, collection of allotment cards at RC centers, withdrawal of admission||July 10, 2020, to July 11, 2020|
|Declaration of Round 3 allotment||July 13, 2020|
|Round 3 – Physical reporting, document verification, initial fee payment, collection of allotment cards at RC centers, withdrawal of admission||July 15, 2020, to July 17, 2020|
|Last date for physical reporting and admission at the final allotted institute by all the candidates who have been allocated a seat||July 20, 2020|
|E-Admission Procedure Closes||July 20, 2020|
WBJEE Admit Card 2020:
Admit cards can be downloaded from the official website of WBJEE from the first week of April. Candidates shall carry a printout of their admit card to the examination venue.
WBJEE Answer Key 2020:
The board will release the answer key immediately after WBJEE 2020. The answer key will help the candidates to predict their performance. The answer key will be posted on the official website of WBJEE after the exams.
Frequently Asked Question WBJEE 2021
- What is the age criteria for WBJEE exam?
Ans. the candidate should be between 17-25 years of age to be eligible for WBJEE
- What is the mode of exam for WBJEE?
Ans. WBJEE is an offline pen and paper exam
- What are the sections for the WBJEE exam for engineering courses?
Ans. WBJEE consists of 3 sections based on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- What is the marking scheme for the WBJEE exam?
Ans. WBJEE exam has negative marking where +1 mark is awarded for every right answer and -¼ mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
- What are the application fees for WBJEE?
Ans. 700 Rs
- What are the courses one can take admission into by WBJEE?
Ans. B.Tech, B.PHARM, B.Arch
- What are the maximum marks for WBJEE?
- What is the alternative for WBJEE?
Ans. JEE mains
“Stay Informed to My Entrance Exam latest updates and feature articles on WBJEE 2020.”