WBJEE 2021: West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board
WBJEE 2021 The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination is a state-level eligibility test for admission into various medical and engineering undergraduate courses offered by prestigious educational institutions across the State of West Bengal. The examination is conducted by the esteemed West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB). The objective of this entrance examination is to help the deserving candidates to get admission into undergraduate courses offered by close to 150 medical and engineering colleges. The coverage of educational institutions includes both government and private colleges of West Bengal.
WBJEE 2021 Notification:
The admission through WBJEE is based on the written test conducted by the board every year. The WBJEE for the academic year 2021 will involve a written examination. The exams will be conducted in the month of May 2021 tentatively. The notification for the examination will be posted on the official website of WBJEE.
WBJEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
Every aspirant must fulfil the eligibility criteria of WBJEE 2021 for taking admissions in various degrees offered. The eligibility criteria are as given below:
- Candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- Candidates from West Bengal domicile will be given priority.
- Candidates aged 17 years and above as on 31st December 2021 but not more than 25 years as on 31st July 2021 can apply for all engineering, medicine, and marine course.
- Candidates must have passed Class XII boards conducted by any state board/ CBSE/ CISCE/ National institute of open school.
- The candidates in the general category should have secured a minimum of 45% marks and those in reserved categories should have secured a minimum of 40% in 12th Examination.
- Candidates must have passed their qualifying examination with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry (PCM) as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 30% in English.
- Candidates applying for Marine Engineering must possess a 60% mark in PCM taken together and 50% mark in English in either 10th or +2 Examination.
|DETAILS||ENGINEERING COURSES||MEDICAL COURSES|
|Mode of Examination||Pen and paper based||Pen and paper based|
|Type of Question||One tier and two tier multiple choice questions||One tier and two tier multiple choice questions|
|Total marks with duration of exam||Mathematics: 100 (2 hours) Chemistry: 75 (1.5 hours) Physics: 75 (1.5 hours) Biology: NA||Mathematics: 100 (2 hours) Chemistry & Physics: 100 (2 hours) Biology: 150 (2.5 hours)|
|Marking Scheme||Each question will carry one mark.||Each question will carry one mark.|
|Negative Marking||¼ will be reduced for each wrong answer.||¼ will be reduced for each wrong answer.|
- OMR sheets will be provided for answering.
- Blue/black pens should be used for marking the answers in the OMR sheets.
The table below contains various subjects and a comprehensive list of topics under each such subject which will be tested in the examination.
|Physics||Optics, mechanics, Properties of Matter, Electricity, Heat and thermodynamics, electronic devices, Atomic physics, Magnetism, Laser and optic fiber, Nuclear physics, electronic devices.|
|Chemistry||Block elements, Some basic concepts in chemistry, Thermodynamics, chemical equilibrium, and chemical kinetics, Coordination chemistry and solid-state chemistry, redox reactions and electro chemistry, organic chemistry basic principles, Characterization &Purification of organic compounds, Hydrocarbons, Compounds with organic nature containing halogen, Organic compounds containing oxygen, polymers, Biomolecules.|
|Mathematics||Complex numbers, Partial fractions, Matrices and determinants, Quadratic equations, Trigonometry, Binomial theorem for a positive integral index, Permutations and combinations, Two-dimensional coordinate geometry, Vector Algebra, Three-dimensional geometry, Integration, Limit, continuity and differentiability, Set, theory & probability, Ordinary differential equations.|
|Biological Science||Science of Life, Genetics and Evolution, Evolution, Morphological variations, and structural organization, Biochemistry Physiology, Understanding on plants and animals, Taxonomy, Systematics and Biodiversity, Ecology and Environment, Biodiversity and Conservation of natural resources, Issues related to the environment, Microbes and human welfare, Health and diseases, Biotechnology and its applications.|
Note: The candidates are advised to use NCERT books for the subjects, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics of class 11th and 12th.
WBJEE Important Dates 2021:
Aspirants must take note of these following dates:
|S NO||EVENTS||IMPORTANT DATES|
|1||The start date for online registration form||February 23, 2021|
WBJEE application form 2021 last date to apply
March 23, 2021
WBJEE Application Correction Window
March 24 to 26, 2021
Release of Admit Card
July 6 to 11, 2021
|5||Examination||July 11, 2021|
|6||Release of WBJEE Result 2020||To be Notified|
|7||WBJEE Counselling||To be Notified|
Note– Given schedule is tentative, Final dates will be updated after the release of official notice for WBJEE 2020.
Counselling Procedure of WBJEE 2021:
- Aspirants qualifying WBJEE 2021 are eligible to appear in WBJEE 2020 Counseling which comprises of three rounds.
- The candidates who have passed the entrance examination should register themselves for the counseling process. Once the candidate has registered for counseling he/she will be allotted a roll number and password.
- Candidates can block the seats for the preferred college and course using the roll number and password. After the seats are allocated, aspirants will be called for physical examination and document verification.
- The aggregate of Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the 12th standard examination will be also be considered.
- The brief stages of the counseling process are as follows:
- Registration for counseling online.
- Marking of choices in various colleges.
- Seat Allocation.
- Verification of documents.
- Final admission.
WBJEE Admit Card 2021:
Admit cards can be downloaded from the official website of WBJEE from the first week of April. Candidates shall carry a printout of their admit card to the examination venue.
WBJEE Answer Key 2021:
The board will release the answer key immediately after WBJEE 2021. The answer key will help the candidates to predict their performance. The answer key will be posted on the official website of WBJEE after the exams.
Frequently Asked Question WBJEE 2021
- What is the age criteria for WBJEE exam?
Ans. the candidate should be between 17-25 years of age to be eligible for WBJEE
- What is the mode of exam for WBJEE?
Ans. WBJEE is an offline pen and paper exam
- What are the sections for the WBJEE exam for engineering courses?
Ans. WBJEE consists of 3 sections based on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- What is the marking scheme for the WBJEE exam?
Ans. WBJEE exam has negative marking where +1 mark is awarded for every right answer and -¼ mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
- What are the application fees for WBJEE?
Ans. 700 Rs
- What are the courses one can take admission into by WBJEE?
Ans. B.Tech, B.PHARM, B.Arch
- What are the maximum marks for WBJEE?
- What is the alternative for WBJEE?
Ans. JEE mains
“Stay Informed to My Entrance Exam latest updates and feature articles on WBJEE 2020.”