VITEEE 2021: VIT University (Vellore Institute and Technology) is one of the well-established universities which provide various Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Doctorate and Diploma Courses and each year a good number of applicants apply for taking admission.
Vellore Institute and Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) are conducted to get APPLICANTS who are eligible for engineering courses at Vellore Institute and Technology. VITEEE 2021 application will be started on November 2020.
VITEEE 2021 Important Dates:
|Description||Day, Date and Time|
|Starting of application form||30 November 2020|
|Last date to submit applications||30th March 2021|
|Application correction||Last week of March 2021|
|Slot booking starts from||In month of April 2021|
|Availability of admit card||In month of April 2021|
|VITEEE 2021 exam date||18th to 26th June 2021|
|Result||Last week of April 2021|
|Starting of counselling||1st week of May 2021|
|Commencement of classes||2nd week of July 2021|
VITEEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
The applicants who are satisfying all the eligibility criteria of VITEEE 2021 will be eligible to fill the application form. The conditions are given below:
- The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non-Resident Indian National / PIO.
- Foreign Candidates OR applicants who are studying in abroad can apply directly through foreign categories.
- The applicants who are appearing or have passed his/her higher secondary exam from the state board, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), and The Council for Indian School Certificate Exam (ISCE, New Delhi) are eligible to apply for the exam of VIT University.
- The National Institute of Open Schooling applicants is also eligible to apply for the exam.
- Minimum: 60% of marks in aggregate are required in the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology (PCM/PCB) at 10+2 (12th class).
- The applicants who belong to SC/ST category or North Eastern states are required to get a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks in PCM at 10+2 (12th class).
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1998 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2021
VITEEE 2021 Application form and Registration Process:
VITEEE 2021 Offline Application Form Submission & Status
The candidates may avail of the form from any of the designated post offices of the Vellore and Chennai campus.
VITEEE 2021 Online Application Form Submission & Status
The applicants, who want to participate in the VITEEE 2021 exam, will have to fill and submit the form online. The application forms will be provided online and shall be filled from November 2020. For the registration the following steps are given below:
- STEP 1: Personal Information
For registration, the candidates have to provide their personal information such as name, gender, email id, category, date of birth, etc.
After filling the form, an application number, and a password will be provided, which will be sent to their email id. Using the same, the candidates can log in to the official website.
- STEP 2: Qualification:
Applicants are required to give their qualification details such as exam name, year of passing, the name of institute, board/university name, etc.
Applicants are required to upload the scanned copies of the signature and photograph in the formats specified. Then click on I AGREE.
- STEP 3: Programs and Fee Payment
The applicant is required to enter the course, and other information asked. They should also choose test centers for the exam.
Mode of payment: credit/debit card, net banking, or DD. Details regarding the same should also be entered.
- STEP 4: Confirmation
VIT University Engineering Entrance Examination Fee
Application fees for different modes of application are mentioned below.
|Application Mode||Cost (in Rs.)|
|Offline Application Form||Rs. 1250/-|
|Online Application Form||Rs. 1150/- (Rs. 1050/- when fees are paid through VIT App)|
|Foreign Candidates||$ 50 (including Bank charges)|
In the VITEEE exam, the questions will be asked mainly from Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Mathematics, and English subjects. Applicants must also note that the syllabus is based State Board of Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE Exam Syllabus.
NOTE: “the test papers in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and General English includes questions based on the 12th class syllabus followed by major 10+2 (i.e. 12th class) Boards/Universities.”
- A total of 130 number of questions will be asked in the exam of VITEEE.
- Questions will be asked from 4 sections: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, and English subjects.
- The questions which will be asked in the exam are of objective type every question having four different options.
- Computer Based Test will be conducted.
- Total time of 2 hours and 30 minutes will be given to the applicants for the VITEEE computer-based test.
There will be 3 sessions which are as follows:
I session – 9.00 am – 11.30 am
II session – 12.30 pm – 3.00 pm
III session – 4.00 pm – 6 .30 pm
- Every question carries 1 mark each.
- No mark will be deducted for the wrong answers as no negative marking is there.
The applicants can attempt the paper in a better way.
VITEEE 2021 counselling:
The counseling has to be arranged in 2021 for the allocation of seats. The applicants are shortlisted on the basis of the All India Rank (AIR) in VITEEE (Vellore Institute and Technology Engineering Entrance Examination) will be called for the counseling. VITEEE 2021 counselling for engineering courses will be held in the Vellore and Chennai campus of the University. The applicants who have qualified will get the updates regarding counseling from the official website of the University or can also be informed through SMS.
Admission and allotment in the VIT University for the Academic year of 2021 will be based on the result of VITEEE. The procedure of VITEEE counseling is given below.
- The admission and counseling procedure for VITEEE will be completed through a single-window process at Vellore and Chennai.
- Counseling will occur for all the B.Tech courses offered by the university.
- The shortlisted candidates must attend the VITEEE counseling process in a person at Chennai or Vellore Campus.
- To deal with probable absentees university has, the total number of qualified applicants is more than the total number of seats, available at VIT University.
- The admission solely depends on the candidate “All India Rank (AIR)” in the VIT Entrance Examination and the number of seats available.
- All the details regarding courses offered under the B.Tech program by the two VIT campuses for the 2021 academic year, the aggregate number of seats divided between each campus at the time of VITEEE 2021 counselling, the number of available seats will be in form at the time of counseling.
- The candidates will get admission, on the basis of the availability of the seats in that specific branch.
- The candidate has to check the VIT official website for the VITEEE counseling update.
- No change of date or time of seat allotment process is allowed.
- If an applicant does not personally attend the seat allotment procedure and show up before the Admission Committee on the scheduled date, his or her seat will get the offer to the other applicant following the merit list.
- However, if because of some unexpected reasons, an applicant is not able to attend the counseling on the predefined date and time and venue, he or she can appear on a later date and time, but, after properly informing the VIT board, about their issues. In this case, an applicant can only choose seats accessible at that time. Also, the applicants can’t choose any other stream of their choice based on their original rank.
- If complete documents are not available at the date of seat allotment, the candidate would have to take the responsibility, declaring that if he or she fails to qualify according to the standards, it would lead to cancellation of the seat and admission.
- During the counseling process applicants will need to present with the DD of INR 50,000 for VIT University, payable at Vellore, on the confirmation of seat and acknowledgment of the allotted branch.
- The counseling fee of INR 10,000, is needed to pay by the candidate to take part in the counseling process. However, it will include the college tuition fee once the applicant joins the University.
The admit card is a very important document that will be required at various stages. To access the Admit Card some details such as Application or Registration Number and Date of Birth etc would be required. It is expected to be AVAILABLE a few days before the exam. The admit card will be provided only on the official website from where the candidates must download it.
Candidates can view their results through the official website. Candidates shouldn’t forget to take the printout of the result and keep it till the admission procedure ends. The authority would invite the applications for admissions after the verification of documents & eligibility.
How to check the VITEEE result 2021?
Candidates need to follow the four simple steps given below to check VITEEE Result 2021:Candidates can check the VITEEE result by entering their application number and password. A merit list will also be prepared based on marks scored by candidates in VITEEE 2021.
Step-1: Visit the official website and search for the “Get Result”. Click on the link.
Step-2: After clicking, candidates will be landed on a new page. Click on the “VITEEE Result” button to check it.
Step-3: Candidates will have to log in to their account by entering Application Number, Date of Birth, and Verification Code to open the result portal.
Step-4: Once a candidate will click the “submit” button, VITEEE 2020 result will be displayed. Download it and take a print out for future references.
Frequently Asked Question VITEEE 2021
- What are the sections for VITEEE?
Ans. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, and English are the sections on which the questions are based for the VITEEE exam.
2. What is VITEEE?
Ans. VITEEE is an entrance exam conducted for candidates trying to opt for engineering courses at Vellore Institute and Technology.
3. What are the eligibility criteria for VITEEE?
Ans. Minimum 60% of marks in aggregate are required in the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or Biology in 12th.
For SC/ST category or North-Eastern states, a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks in PCM in 12th class is required.
4. What is the exam type of VITEEE?
Ans. VITEEE is a computer-based MCQ exam conducted by vellore institute of technology
5. What are the appliction fees for VITEEE 2021?
Ans. 1150 Rs only
6. Does VITEEE have negative marking?
7. What is the mode for VITEEE?
8. Is VITEEE 2021 cancelled due to COVID-19?
Ans. Yes admissions at VIT will be based on 10+2 ans JEE mains marks