MAT Exam or Management Aptitude Test is a standardized test approved by HRD Ministry, India to extract out the candidates for Business School for admission in MBA and other allied programmes. MAT scores can be considered for admissions in B Schools nationally or internationally. It is one of the largest exam conducted to enter in more than 600 B Schools in India. The exam is conducted in both Paper and computer mode.
MAT EXAM 2020 IMPORTANT DATES
SCHEDULE Paper Based Test(PBT) Computer Based Test(CBT)
For IBT Test:
|IBT Test Date||Last Date for Registration|
|27th August 2020||23rd August 2020|
|28th August 2020||24th August 2020|
|29th August 2020||25th August 2020|
|30th August 2020||26th August 2020|
|31st August 2020||27th August 2020|
|1st September 2020||28th August 2020|
|2nd September 2020||27th August 2020|
For Offline (Pen-Paper Based):
|Application form starts||6th March 2020|
|Last date for application form submission||24th June 2020|
|Admit card download||26th June 2020|
|Exam date||2nd July 2020|
AT EXAM 2020 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Students are advised to read the eligibility criteria before moving on to register for the exam which is as follows:
• The candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline.
• The students who will be appearing for final year examination.
• No age limit is set for MAT examination.
MODE OF TEST:
The test is conducted in two modes i.e.
• Paper-Based test(PBT)
• Computer Based Test(CBT)
• Both PBT & CBT
• Remote Proctored Internet-Based Test (IBT)
An additional fee of 1100/- is required in addition to 1600/- for candidates willing to appear in test by both CBT and PBT.
Candidates appearing in both PBT and CBT will have the benefit of selecting 7 Management Institutes for sending their scores. The number of institutes for candidates opting either CBT or PBT only is limited to 5.
MAT 2020 REGISTRATION PROCESS:
1. Candidates can visit https://mat.aima.in/may20/ to register for the MAT examination.
2. First step involves creating user id and password with the help of a valid e-mail address and Phone number.
3. Subsequently, after logging in, an application form will appear and candidates have to fill all the mandatory information asked there.
4. Documents required for further processes are:
• Scanned image of photograph (10 to 50 kb)
• Scanned image of signature ( 5 to 20 kb)
• Credit Card/Debit Card (ATM Card) or Net Banking details
Examination fees are as follows:
|For Paper Based Test(PBT)||1650/-|
|For Computer Based Test (CBT)||1650/-|
|For Computer Based Test (CBT)||2750/-|
|For Remote Proctored Internet-Based Test (IBT)||1650/-|
MAT 2020 EXAM PATTERN:
The Exam comprises of 5 sections and 200 total questions. The maximum time provided for the test is 150 minutes.
The sections are divided into following with 40 questions
|Data analysis and sufficiency||35 minutes|
|Language comprehension||30 minutes|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||30 minutes|
|Mathematical Skills-40 questions||40 minutes|
|Indian and Global environment||15 minutes|
MAT EXAM 2020 RESULT:
The MAT scorecard will be available on https://www.aima.in/ and students can download it from the website.
The scorecard will not be sent individually by post and candidates will have to download it by using their registered phone number and date of birth.
The Scorecard will be valid only for a year and the candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their scorecards.
MAT EXAM 2020 COUNSELLING
Around 600+ Business Institutes are there which provides admission on the basis of MAT score. The Selection process for every college differs from each other. Commonly the selection is of three steps which include Group Discussions(GD), Written tests to check the ability, and Personal interview.
Once the scorecard is released, the candidate needs to visit the official website of the colleges to which they are willing to get admission. If the candidate is shortlisted by the institute, a call letter would be sent with the date, time, and venue and the candidate needs to appear respectively. The documents required during the admission process are as follows:
- 6-7 Passport sized photographs
- 10th Class mark sheet
- Date of birth certificate
- 12th Class mark sheet
- MAT 2020 scorecard
- MAT 2020 Rank Letter
- MAT 2020 Admit card
- Character Certificate published by the last institute the candidate was part of.
- Self-attested photocopy of original documents.
Frequently Asked Question MAT 2021
- What is the MAT exam for?
Ans. Management Aptitude Test is a test to extract out the candidates for Business School for admission in MBA and other allied programs. MAT scores can be considered for admissions in B Schools nationally or internationally.
- What are the exam modes for the MAT exam?
Ans. Paper-Based Test, Computer Based Test, Both PBT & CBT, Remote Proctored Internet-Based Test.
- What is the exam pattern for the MAT exam?
Ans. The exam has questions from Data analysis and sufficiency, Language comprehension, Intelligence, and Critical Reasoning, Mathematical Skills, Indian and Global Environment.
- What are the MAT exam fees?
- Paper-Based Test-1650/-
- Computer-Based Test-1650/-
- PBT and CBT Test-2750/-
- Remote Proctored Internet-Based Test-1650/-