MAT Exam or Management Aptitude Test is a standardized test approved by HRD Ministry, India to extract out the candidates for Business School for admission in MBA and other allied programmes. MAT scores can be considered for admissions in B Schools nationally or internationally. It is one of the largest exam conducted to enter in more than 600 B Schools in India. The exam is conducted in both Paper and computer mode.
MAT EXAM 2021 IMPORTANT DATES
MAT 2021 Exam Dates
Here candidates can check MAT exam dates for February session:
|Starting of application form||4th January 2021|
|Last date to apply||16th February 2021|
|Availability of admit card||16th February 2021|
|Exam Date||20th February 2021|
|Announcement of result||February 2021|
|Starting of application form||4th January 2021|
|Last date to apply||1st March 2021|
|Availability of admit card||3rd March 2021|
|Exam date||6th March 2021|
|Announcement of result||March 2021|
For IBT Test:
|IBT Test Date||Last Date for Registration||Availability of Admit Card|
|8th March 2021||4th March 2021||5th March 2021|
|9th March 2021||5th March 2021||6th March 2021|
|10th March 2021||6th March 2021||7th March 2021|
|11th March 2021||7th March 2021||8th March 2021|
|13th March 2021||9th March 2021||10th March 2021|
MAT 2021 Registration
Candidates must check details about MAT 2021 Registration from below:
- MAT 2021 application form has been released on 4th January 2021.
- Candidates can fill their application form through online mode.
- Registration process is based on various procedures including filling of application form, document uploads etc.
- Upload photograph in 40 to 150 kb and signature size must be in 10 to 150 kb size.
- Candidates can fill their application form till 1st March 2021 for PBT and till 16th February 2021 for CBT.
- Take printout of the filled application form and keep it secure for other procedure.
For Offline (Pen-Paper Based):
AT EXAM 2021 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Students are advised to read the eligibility criteria before moving on to register for the exam which is as follows:
• The candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline.
• The students who will be appearing for final year examination.
• No age limit is set for MAT examination.
MODE OF TEST:
The test is conducted in two modes i.e.
• Paper-Based test(PBT)
• Computer Based Test(CBT)
• Both PBT & CBT
• Remote Proctored Internet-Based Test (IBT)
An additional fee of 1100/- is required in addition to 1600/- for candidates willing to appear in test by both CBT and PBT.
Candidates appearing in both PBT and CBT will have the benefit of selecting 7 Management Institutes for sending their scores. The number of institutes for candidates opting either CBT or PBT only is limited to 5.
MAT 2021 REGISTRATION PROCESS:
1. Candidates can visit https://mat.aima.in/may20/ to register for the MAT examination.
2. First step involves creating user id and password with the help of a valid e-mail address and Phone number.
3. Subsequently, after logging in, an application form will appear and candidates have to fill all the mandatory information asked there.
4. Documents required for further processes are:
• Scanned image of photograph (10 to 50 kb)
• Scanned image of signature ( 5 to 20 kb)
• Credit Card/Debit Card (ATM Card) or Net Banking details
Examination fees are as follows:
|For Paper Based Test(PBT)||1650/-|
|For Computer Based Test (CBT)||1650/-|
|For Computer Based Test (CBT)||2750/-|
|For Remote Proctored Internet-Based Test (IBT)||1650/-|
MAT 2021 EXAM PATTERN:
The Exam comprises of 5 sections and 200 total questions. The maximum time provided for the test is 150 minutes.
The sections are divided into following with 40 questions
|Data analysis and sufficiency||35 minutes|
|Language comprehension||30 minutes|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||30 minutes|
|Mathematical Skills-40 questions||40 minutes|
|Indian and Global environment||15 minutes|
MAT EXAM 2021 RESULT:
The MAT scorecard will be available on https://www.aima.in/ and students can download it from the website.
The scorecard will not be sent individually by post and candidates will have to download it by using their registered phone number and date of birth.
The Scorecard will be valid only for a year and the candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their scorecards.
MAT EXAM 2021 COUNSELLING
Around 600+ Business Institutes are there which provides admission on the basis of MAT score. The Selection process for every college differs from each other. Commonly the selection is of three steps which include Group Discussions(GD), Written tests to check the ability, and Personal interview.
Once the scorecard is released, the candidate needs to visit the official website of the colleges to which they are willing to get admission. If the candidate is shortlisted by the institute, a call letter would be sent with the date, time, and venue and the candidate needs to appear respectively. The documents required during the admission process are as follows:
- 6-7 Passport sized photographs
- 10th Class mark sheet
- Date of birth certificate
- 12th Class mark sheet
- MAT 2020 scorecard
- MAT 2020 Rank Letter
- MAT 2020 Admit card
- Character Certificate published by the last institute the candidate was part of.
- Self-attested photocopy of original documents.
Frequently Asked Question MAT 2021
- What is the MAT exam for?
Ans. Management Aptitude Test is a test to extract out the candidates for Business School for admission in MBA and other allied programs. MAT scores can be considered for admissions in B Schools nationally or internationally.
2. What are the exam modes for the MAT exam?
Ans. Paper-Based Test, Computer Based Test, Both PBT & CBT, Remote Proctored Internet-Based Test.
3. What is the exam pattern for the MAT exam?
Ans. The exam has questions from Data analysis and sufficiency, Language comprehension, Intelligence, and Critical Reasoning, Mathematical Skills, Indian and Global Environment.
4. What are the MAT exam fees?
- Paper-Based Test-1650/-
- Computer-Based Test-1650/-
- PBT and CBT Test-2750/-
- Remote Proctored Internet-Based Test-1650/-