For over 60 years, XLRI has been conducting XAT on an all India level to select the most appropriate students for management education. The XAT score is considered for admission by more than 150 B-Schools across India. It is considered to be the toughest entrance exam to crack in order to yourselves in the seats of a MBA graduate.
XAT stands for Xavier Aptitude Test. It is conducted by XLRI in Jamshedpur at National level every year, as the first step of refining the young minds before the filtration process. The exam will be held in January 2021 in online mode(Computer Based Test). Every aspiring Management Student has to take this exam to reach the right platform for their success.
XAT 2021 would be conducted across India in the following cities.
Agartala, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Cuttack Dehradun, Delhi, Goa, Greater Noida, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Noida, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Surat, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam.
being the best among the lot, kicking and waddling your way through the hurdles, make sure you’ve the following conditions full filled when you apply for Xavier Aptitude Test.
XAT 2021 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Apart from The candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institute.
- The duration of the programme should be minimum 3 years.
- There is no relaxation for the candidates on the basis of caste, religion or creed.
- Final year graduation students will also be eligible to apply provided they complete their final exam by June, 2020.
- The candidates who apply for multiple programmes at once and score good score in Xavier Aptitude Test 2021 may be called for interviews and GD’s depending upon the nature of the program.
- XAT encourages students from diverse backgrounds to apply and for the process of shortlisting the candidates for the interview, weightage is given to the academic background and the relevant work experience.
- Besides the performance of the personal interview XAT performance, academic background, extracurricular activities are considered for the final selection.
- XAT is a test of 3 hours duration.
- The exam is divided into 2 papers.
- Paper 1 consists of 65 questions from Quantitative Ability, English Language and Logical Reasoning and Decision Making.
- The Paper 2 is a mix of objective as well as subjective questions from General Knowledge (GK) and Essay Writing questions.
- If candidates exceed the maximum number of questions that are available for not answering then marks will be deducted i.e. 0.05 marks for every question that the candidate leaves unanswered.
- For every question that the candidates incorrectly answers, then it will result in the deduction of 0.25 of the total marks.
The paper 1 will be from Decision Making, Verbal and Logical Ability and Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation.
The paper 2 will be from General Awareness and one topic for essay writing.
XAT 2021 IMPORTANT DATES:
|Starting of application form||3rd week of August 2020|
|Last date of application||Last week of November 2020|
|Releasing of admit card||3rd week of December 2020|
|Exam Date||1st week of January 2021|
|Publication of result||Last week of January 2021|
XAT 2021 ADMIT CARD:
- The admit card for XAT 2021 will be available for download from December, 2020.
- The hard copy of the admit card will not be sent to the candidates.
- Hence they need to download 2 copies of admit card and carry it to the test centre.
- Along with the set wise Answer Key, explanation and detailed solutions will also be released by the exam authorities.
- Candidates can check the accuracy of their performance by tallying the answer options selected by them in the exam with the answer keys.
- Experts from coaching institutes will also release the set wise XAT 2021 answer key on the date of the exam itself.
- The officials do not announce the exact date, but based on the past years’ trends; it is expected to be announced in the end of the exam month.
- The candidates have to download the scorecard from the official website which declares the section wise and overall scores and percentiles.
- The hard copy of the score card will also be sent to the candidates.
- The XAT 2021 cutoff will be announced by XLRI Jamshedpur for its programmes after the declaration of result in mid-January 2021.
- The other participating institutes do not announce the exact XAT cutoffs but it is expected to range from 60 to 99 percentile based on their admission criteria.
Frequently Asked Question XAT 2021
- What is the XAT exam for?
Ans. Its score is considered for admissions into B-Schools in India.
- What are the eligibility criteria XAT exam for?
Ans. Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years program.
- Is there any religion/ caste reservation for the XAT exam?
- What is the exam pattern for the XAT exam?
- The exam is divided into 2 papers.
- Paper 1 will be from Decision Making, Verbal and Logical Ability, and Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation.
- Paper 2 will be from General Awareness and one topic for essay writing.
“Stay Informed to My Entrance Exam latest updates and feature articles on XAT 2021