UPESEAT 2022 APPLICATION FORM: The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) will soon be inviting applications for admission in the B.Tech programs offered by it. Candidates interested in pursuing engineering from the University need to appear for UPESEAT 2022 to be eligible for admission. The application form for the entrance exam will most probably be released in the 3rd week of September 2021. Candidates are suggested to make sure that they fulfill the eligibility requirements necessary for appearing in the exam. UPESEAT will be conducted in online mode where the candidates will be allotted a computer system to mark the answers to the questions displayed on their screen. Students will get a total of 3 hours to complete the test. Candidates should submit the application form on time to avoid disappointment.
UPESEAT 2022 Important dates
The schedule of UPESEAT 2022 is as follows-
|Releasing of application form||3rd week of September 2021|
|Last date of form submission||2nd week of May 2022|
|Admit card downloading||3rd week of May 2022|
|Exam date||4th week of May 2022|
|Result announcement||June 2022|
|Commencement of counseling||June 2022|
UPESEAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for UPESEAT 2022 entrance test is mentioned below-
- Exam mode: Computer-based mode
- Duration: 3 hours
- Language: English only
- Type of questions: Multiple choice-based
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be given for each correct response
- Negative marking: There will be no penalty for marking the incorrect answers.
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|English language comprehension||30||30|
UPESEAT 2022 Syllabus
To fetch good marks in the exam, applicants need to prepare the curriculum prescribed for class 11th and 12th respectively. Here are the topics they must study for the exam-
- Physics: Work, energy & power, electromagnetic induction, and alternating currents, dual nature of nature and radiation, optics, magnetic effects of current & magnetism, oscillations and waves, current electricity, properties of solids and liquids, physics and measurement, communication system, electronic devices, etc.
- Mathematics: Permutation and combination, matrices and determinants, limit, continuity and differentiability, complex number, quadratic equation, coordinate geometry, sets, relations & functions, binomial theorem, mathematical induction, integral calculus, three-dimensional geometry, etc.
- Chemistry: Chemical thermodynamics, chemical kinetics, chemical bonding & molecular structure, atomic structure, basic concepts of chemistry, coordination compounds, d and f block elements, general principles and processes of isolation of metals, coordination compounds, coordination compounds, etc.
- English: Cloze test, sentence rearrangement, sentence correction, grammar, word-meaning, antonym, and synonym, fill in the blanks, etc.
- Current affairs: Geography, national and international news affecting nations, environment, polity, books and authors, awards, history, etc.
UPESEAT 2022 Application form
The application form for UPESEAT 2022 can be filled online by visiting the admission portal of the University i.e. www.upes.ac.in. Students are required to register themselves for the exam using their basic details such as phone number, name, date of birth, and email id. After successful registration, they need to fill the application form. The form will bear the personal and educational details of the candidates that must be filled correctly. If these details are found to be incorrect, then the candidate won’t be allowed to take the test.
Applicants need to upload their scanned photographs and signature in a proper format. Students also need to review the complete form before making the final submission. They won’t be given a correction window to edit/change the information after the form is submitted successfully. Incomplete applications or those received without the fee shall be rejected by the authority.
Application fee: Applicants are required to pay a sum of Rs. 1850/- towards the application fee for the exam. International students need to pay a fee of US$75 for the same. The fee can be paid through credit card, debit card, net banking, and demand draft.
Admission Enquiry Form – Apply Now
UPESEAT 2022 Eligibility criteria
Candidates can check their eligibility status from the eligibility criteria provided below-
Nationality: Indian Nationals and Foreign Nationals can apply for the UPESEAT entrance test.
Age limit: Candidates who are born on or after 1st October 2000 are eligible to apply for the exam. The date of birth recorded in the HSC exam only will be considered valid.
- B.Tech: Candidates should have passed the class 12th exam or its equivalent from a recognized board by securing at least 60% marks in aggregate. They should have studied physics, chemistry, and mathematics as the compulsory subjects in the qualifying exam.
- B.Tech + LLB (Hons.): Candidates should have passed 10+2 with at least 50% aggregate marks and have studied PCM subjects at the +2 level.
- The admit card for UPESEAT 2022 will be released on the official website of the University.
- Candidates are required to log into the website using the credentials created at the time of registration.
- Applicants need to take a printout copy of the admit card and keep it safe for further use.
- A candidate who does not possess the admit card on the day of the examination will not be permitted to appear in the exam.
- Candidates also need to carry a valid govt. ID proof to the exam venue. The ID proof may be any of the following- A voter ID card, pan card, Aadhar card, driving license, passport, bank passbook, etc.
Result and Counselling
- The University will publish the results of the entrance test on its website. Candidates can check their scores by logging into the website using the credentials created at the time of registration.
- A merit list will be prepared by the authority on the basis of the marks scored by them in the exam.
- Candidates who are shortlisted as per the merit list will be invited to attend the centralized counseling procedure.
- Such students need to indicate their preference of branch at the time of counseling. They will also undergo the document verification phase where the genuineness of the candidates shall be verified.
- After the commencement of the counseling, a seat will be allotted to the students based on the given parameters-number of seats available, merit rank, preference given at the time of counseling, and fulfillment of the eligibility criteria.
“Stay Informed to My Entrance Exam latest updates and feature articles on UPESEAT 2020.”